The stage has been set for the biggest T20 tournament in the world, the 12th edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) is set to begin from March 23. The three times winner and defending champions, Chennai Super Kings (CSK) will look to continue their winning streak while the star-filled Royal Challengers Banglore (RCB) will have a point to prove.
Just like every season, it is a perfect platform for the young players to become the hero. The history of this tournament itself proves that this has been the stage where heroes are made. The franchises also have never looked hesitate in giving chances to young talent and have provided them the stage where they can showcase their talent.
Earlier in the auction, there were 60 players who were grabbed by the respective franchise.
With Jaydev Unadkat and uncapped mystery spinner from Tamil Nadu, Varun Chakravarthy were the highest buys (8.4 Crore each), some of the big names remained unsold in the auction held last year on December 18.
In every season, there have been players who changed the games on single-handedly and have been game changers for their teams. The franchises also have focussed on such players who are willing to give their best shots at the biggest stage. Here are we believe, top 5 players who can be the game changers for their teams.
1. Varun Chakravarthy (Bowler, KXIP) - Varun Chakravarthy was the hottest topic of the auction. The franchises were ready to pay big for him but it was Kings XI Punjab that snapped him with whopping INR 8.4 Crore. Varun can bowl with Seven types of variations and that helped him to rose as one of the stars in Tamil Nadu Premier League for Madurai Panthers. TNPL experience helped him become the highest wicket-taker with 22 wickets in the group stage of Vijay Hazare Trophy. He is definitely one of the players to watch out for in the upcoming edition of IPL.
2. Shimron Hetmyer (Batsman, RCB) - A left-hand batsman who can strike the ball hard, Shimron Hetmyer is the find of Carrebian Premier League (CPL). With his fearless approach of playing cricket whichever the format is, makes him a different player. RCB that already has top class players, boosted by the 22-year old West Indian.
3. Shivam Dubey (All-Rounder, RCB) - Shivam Dubey is an all-rounder from Mumbai who was grabbed by Royal Challengers Bangalore in INR 5 Crore. He was on song in the recently concluded Ranji Trophy for Mumbai. During a match of the Ranji Trophy, he hit five sixes in an over and showed his ability to hit the ball hard. It is going to be a great experience for him as he will share a dressing room with two of the greatest batsmen Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers.
4. Prayas Ray Barman (Bowler, RCB) - The 16-year old teenager who stole the show in the auction, Prayas Ray Barman is a legspinner from Bengal. He was one of the stars for Bengal in Vijay Hazare Trophy last year where he made his debut and took 11 wickets in 9 matches with the economy rate of 4.5 per over. He will play for RCB in IPL 2019.
5. Sam Curran (All-Rounder, KXIP) - Well Indian players must be aware of what Sam Curran can do who was the difference between India and England in 5-match Test series last year. The player of the series of England-India Test series, Sam Curran can hit the ball hard and can be handy with the ball as well. The 20-year-old all-rounder was grabbed by KXIP in the auction will seeing playing for the man in red.