On 26th February 2019, early morning, India struck the biggest training camp of Jaish-e-Mohammed in Balakot, Pakistan. India's Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale briefs the media about this in Delhi.
Here is what he said:
Watch the video on Twitter:
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Credible intelligence was received that Jaish-e-Mohammed was attempting another suicide terror attack in various parts of the country & fidayeen jihadis were being trained for this purpose.
- Vijay Gokhale: Credible information was received that JeM was attempting other attacks in the country. A pre-emptive strike became important. India struck the biggest camp of JeM in Balakot.
- Vijay Gokhale: In an intelligence lead operation in the early hours today, India struck the biggest training camp of Jaish-e-Mohammed in Balakot. In this operation, a very large number of JeM terrorists, trainers, senior commander & Jihadis were eliminated.
- Vijay Gokhale: a Large number of JeM terrorists, trainers, senior commanders were eliminated in largest JeM camp in Balakot. The camp was led by Maulana Yusuf Azhar alias Ustad Ghauri, brother in law of JeM Chief Masood Azhar.
- Foreign Secy says, "This facility in Balakot was headed by Maulana Yusuf Azhar alias Ustad Ghauri, brother in law of JeM Chief Masood Azhar. The selection of the target was also conditioned by our desire to avoid civilian casualty. It's located in the deep forest on a hilltop".
- Foreign Secretary: India is firmly & resolutely committed to taking all measures to fight the menace of terrorism. This non-military pre-emptive action was targeted specifically at JeM camp. The selection of the target was also conditioned by our desire to avoid civilian casualties.
Photo Credits: ANI
For more and the latest news about Politics
, stay tuned to us.