A dream starts to their Indian Premier League who had unknown faces, Rajasthan Royals surprised everybody with the title triumph in the inaugural season. But the fact is it remained the only diamond to their crown. Barring a third-place finish in the 2013 season, Rajasthan Royals have never looked to stick to their winning formula that once was their surprised weapon.
Just like the Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals to have seen dark days when they were banned for two years. But once they back in 2018, a grand return was expected but unlike CSK, they flattered to deceive again. However, RR made it to the playoffs but the absence of Jos Buttler and Ben Stokes did cost them who were the main players to take RR to top four.
Will 2019 be the start of a new chapter for them? Certainly can be. They should take confidence from how they played in the latter part of the tournament in last year and the also the inclusion of Steve Smith who once was their best batsman will be enough to boost their confidence. But we understand that there are five players who will hold the key for Rajasthan Royals.
Here is the list of 5 players to watch out for in IPL 2019 (RR):
1. Steve Smith (Batsman) - Steve Smith has seen the possibly worst days of a sportsman when he was banned for the one year by Cricket Australia from all the cricket activities after found his involvement in ball-tampering at Newlands against South Africa last year along with David Warner and Camron Bancroft. But now he has returned and will be more hungry to perform at the big stage. It is going to be important not only for RR but Smith as well who will likely be the part of Australia's world cup squad starting later this year. He is surely going to a player to watch out for this season.
2. Rahul Tripathi (Batsman) - Rahul Tripathi was one of the best batsmen for Rising Pune Supergiant in 2017. A classy batsman who can hit the ball hard with ease, Rahul Tripathi is hopeful to play the big role for RR this season. However, barring one or two knocks, he couldn't make his mark last year but the flexibility of him playing at any position makes him a player to watch out for this year IPL.
3. Jofra Archer (All-Rounder) - A fiery pacer who can take the bull by the horns with the bat, Jofra Archer is a typical West Indies' all-rounder. Though it is a loss for Windies that he will not represent his own country. The world saw him first in the Big Bash League playing for the Hobart Hurricanes and one is the find of BBL. He made his IPL debut last year and was impressed with the ball. Royals made a mistake by not playing him in the first few matches. But a team is as good as he learns from its mistake, Archer can be the trump card for his side.
4. Krishnappa Gowtham (All-Rounder) - An off-break bowler from Karnataka, Krishnappa Gowtham can hit the ball long. One of the matches last against Mumbai Indian, Gowtham played a blinder of 11-ball 33*. He made his IPL debut last year and can be the finisher RR have been lacked off.
5. Jaydev Unadkat (Bowler) - The biggest buy of 2018 and 2019, Jaydev Unadkat has a responsibility to justify the trust RR have shown upon him. He was ordinary but still, RR showed faith in him by picking again after releasing from the squad. In Rising Pune Supergiant's successful campaign where they lost in the final in 2017, Jaydev Unadkat was the second highest wicket taker of the tournament with 24 wickets.