Indian skipper Virat Kohli has added another feather to his hat as he became the quickest player to reach 18,000 International runs to left behind legendary Brian Lara on Saturday, September 8.
Virat took only 382 innings to reach the milestone while Lara took 411 innings to get 18,000 runs in international cricket. Legendary Sachin Tendulkar (leading run-getter in international cricket) took 412 innings to do the same.
Virat Kohli is the only fourth Indian after Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, and Sourav Ganguly to be included in 18,000 clubs. Since his debut, Virat has scored 6147 runs in Tests, 9779 runs in ODIs, and 2102 runs in T20Is.
Virat has been in the record-breaking spree in ongoing series against England but unfortunately, this could not help India from losing the series. Virat stood out as alone warrior in this series but lack of support from the other end hurts India.
QUICKEST TO REACH 18,000 INTERNATIONAL RUNS :
1. VIRAT KOHLI (IND) - 382 Innings
2. BRIAN LARA (WI) - 411 innings
3. SACHIN TENDULKAR (IND) - 412 Innings
INDIAN PLAYERS WITH 18,000+ RUNS IN INTERNATIONAL CRICKET :
1. SACHIN TENDULKAR - 34,357 Runs (782 Innings)
2. RAHUL DRAVID - 24,208 Runs (605 Innings)
3. SOURAV GANGULY - 18,575 Runs (488 Innings)
4. VIRAT KOHLI - 18,028 Runs (382 Innings)
For more updates and news about CRICKET
, stay tuned to us.
Thanks for the reading.