The second edition of the T10 league couldn't ask for any better start after the successful inaugural edition last year. Since the start of the second edition of T10 league, many batting records have already been achieved in only first eight matches whether its fastest fifty or the highest score of the tournament.
Here is the list of the fastest fifties in 2018 edition:
1. Mohammad Shahzad (12 balls) - Afghanistan's wicketkeeper-batsman and one of the most dangerous modern-day batsmen, Mohammad Shahzad started the season with a bang and smashed 12-ball fifty against Sindhis. Playing for Rajputs he helped his side to chase down 94, set by Sindhis in just 4 over. Shahzad remained unbeaten on 74 off just 16 balls.
2. Nicholas Pooran (16 balls) - West Indies' left-hand batsman Nicholas Pooran smashed the second fastest fifty of the tournament. His 77 off 25 balls helped Northern Warriors to post the highest total of the tournament of 183 for 2 against Punjabi Legends. Punjabi Legends surrendered to the huge total and handed the biggest win of 99-runs to the Warriors.
3. Wayne Parnell (20 balls) - South Africa's Wayne Parnell scored one of the famous half-centuries of the tournament. After Pravin Tambe destroyed Kerala Knights' top order with 5 for 15 in 2 overs, Parnell helped his side to recover from 21 for to 103 with unbeaten 59 off 24 balls. However, his effort went in vain as Sindhis chased down the target in just 7.4 overs.
4. B McCullum/A Fletcher (21 balls) - New Zealand's former captain Brendon McCullum and West Indies' Andre Fletcher both took 21-balls to reach their half-centuries in the same match. Both ended up with 58 off 29 and 68* off 27 balls respectively as Fletcher helped Pakhtoons chase down 122 against Rajputs.
5. J Roy/S Watson (24 balls) - England's Jason Roy and Australia's former captain Shane Watson shared fifth fastest fifty of the tournament. Watson's unbeaten 50 off 24 balls helped Sindhis to win by 9-wickets against Kerala Knight while Roy's 60* off 29 balls saw Bengal Tigers win by 36-runs against Northern Warriors.