West Indies's Chris Gayle and the United Arab Emirates' Waseem Muhammad equaled the record of the fastest fifty in the Abu Dhabi T10 league. Both the batsmen scored 12-balls fifty for their respective teams and joins the elite club of the shortest format of the game.
Here is the list of the top 5 fastest fifties in the Abu Dhabi T10 league:
1. Chris Gayle (12 balls)
- Equally the record of the fastest fifty in this format, West Indies' hard-hitting striker, Chris Gayle made a mockery of Maratha Arabians' total of 97 runs. Playing for Team Abu Dhabi, Gayle stormed unbeaten 84 off just 22 balls and chased down the target of 98 in just 5.3 overs to give a thumping 9 wickets win to his team.
2. Waseem Muhammad (12 balls)
- A very fine and talented batsman from the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Waseem Muhammad joins the elite club of the shortest format. Joining Gayle and Mohammad Shahzad, Waseem's 12-ball fifty (56* off 13) helped Northern Warriors to chase down Pune Devils 98 in just 4.3 overs.
3. Mohammad Shahzad (12 balls)
- Afghanistan's wicketkeeper and one of the most dangerous modern-day batsmen, Mohammad Shahzad started the season with a bang and smashed a 12-ball fifty against Sindhis. Playing for Rajputs he helped his side to chase down 94, set by Sindhis in just 4 over. Shahzad remained unbeaten on 74 off just 16 balls.
4. Nicholas Pooran (16 balls)
- West Indies' left-hand batsman Nicholas Pooran smashed the second-fastest fifty of the tournament. His 77 off 25 balls helped Northern Warriors to post the highest total of the tournament of 183 for 2 against Punjabi Legends. Punjabi Legends surrendered to the huge total and handed the biggest win of 99-runs to the Warriors.
5. Nicholas Pooran (17 balls)
- In the 2021 edition, Pooran hammered Bangla Tigers for his 17-ball fifty. His 89 off 26 balls knock with 12 sixes and 3 fours, Northern Warriors put 162 runs in 10 overs and stopped Tigers on 132 to win the match 30 runs.
*Stats last updated on 3 Februrary 2021