India women's one-day cricket captain Mithali Raj becomes the first cricketer to be featured in 200 ODIs in women's cricket. She achieved this rare feat against New Zealand in the third ODI of the ongoing 3-match series in New Zealand.
This is quite a phenomenal achievement for any woman player. It takes 20-years for Mithali Raj to break the two hundred barrier mark after she debuted in 1999. India's batting giant and one of the greatest woman players of all time, Raj is also the highest run-getter in women's ODIs.
Here is the list of the TOP 5 capped woman players in ODIs :
1. Mithali Raj (IND, 200) - Mithali Raj is recognized as one of the greatest players who has played cricket women's category. In 200 ODIs, she has scored 6,622 runs at an average of 51.33 with 7 centuries and 52 half-centuries where her highest score has been 125 not out. She is currently the captain in 50-over format and under her captaincy, India reached to the World Cup final twice (2005, 2017) but lost on both occasions.
2. Charlotte Edwards (ENG, 191) - Another player with the tag of legendary player. Charlotte Edwards made her debut in 1997 and played almost 19-years. During this period, she played 191 ODIs and scored 5,992 runs at an average of 38.16 with 9 centuries and 46 half-centuries. She has been retired from professional cricket in 2016.
3. Jhulan Goswami (IND, 174) - Jhulan Goswami along with Mithali Raj has been one of the pillars for the Indian women's cricket for a long time. If Mithali Raj is the leading run-getter, Jhulan Goswami is the highest wicket-taker with 210 wickets in 174 matches. She is the only bowler to cross 200 wickets mark in women's ODIs. She is more than handy with bat at lower down the order too as she has scored 1,030 runs at an average of 13.91 with one fifty.
4. Alex Blackwell (AUS, 144) - Alex Blackwell is at number 3 in the list of most capped woman's cricketer in ODIs. She has been one of the biggest players for Australia over the years. In 144 ODIs she has scored 3,492 runs at an average of 36 with 3 hundreds and 25 fifties. She has been retired from international cricket in 2017 and played 14 years for Australia after the debut in 2003.
5. Jenny Gunn (ENG, 143) - England's Jenny Gunn is another woman player who has been successful with the bat and ball. The 32-year old all-rounder has played 143 ODIs for England and scored 1,629 runs with 5 half-centuries and has taken 135 wickets with the best figures of 5 for 22 in ODIs.