Another year of the Indian Premier League (IPL) and it found another million dollar baby. Jaydev Unadkat who was the highest bid getter last time (11.5 Crore) again came in the auction and became highest bid getter this time as well with whopping INR 8.4 Crore from the same franchise (Rajasthan Royals). It might not surprise anyone as his T20 record is good enough to get him that sum, also his medium pace with deceiving slower balls makes him smart bowler in this format of the game.
Varun Chakravarthy, the mystery spinner of Tamil Nadu who yet to make his first-class debut, was the most discussed topic in this year auction. He became the joint most bid getter (with Unadkat) and will see playing for Kings XI Punjab in the 12th edition of the world's biggest T20 league. Apart from Varun, some of the highest bid getters were uncapped players who have impressed everyone with their talent whatever they have shown while playing.
Here is the list of the Uncapped Indian players who got big bid in this year auction
1. Varun Chakravarthy (INR 8.4 Crore to KXIP) - Varun Chakravarthy remained the hottest topic of the auction and few franchises were fighting for getting him in their team and in the end Kings XI Punjab got success with INR 8.4 Crore. Varun can bowl with Seven types of variations and that helped him to rose as one of the stars in Tamil Nadu Premier League for Madurai Panthers. TNPL experience helped him become the highest wicket-taker with 22 wickets in the group stage of Vijay Hazare Trophy.
Varun will share a dressing room with one of the best spinners at present, Ravichandran Ashwin who captained KXIP in the previous edition of IPL. former India spinner Harbhajan Singh believes that selectors should keep their eye on Varun who is another mystery spinner.
2. Shivam Dubey (INR 5 Crore to RCB) - Shivam Dubey is an all-rounder from Mumbai who grabbed by Royal Challengers Bangalore in INR 5 Crore. It is going to be a great experience for him as he will share a dressing room with two of the greatest batsmen Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers.
Shivam is a right-arm bowler and a left-handed batter. Tall and strong, he gave his reputation a massive uplift in the last one year with some big hitting in the Mumbai T20 league wherein a match he hit 5 sixes in an over. He has also been in red-hot form in this year Ranji Trophy with both bat and ball. In 9 innings so far, he has scored 489 runs and taken 17 wickets. He can be a trump card for Virat led RCB.
3. Prabhsimran Singh (INR 4.8 Crore to KXIP) - Prabhsimran Singh is a wicketkeeper-batsman from Punjab. Prabhsimran Singh whose idol is Virendra Sehwag, came in the spotlight after hitting 298 off 302 balls in an Under-23 District Cricket Tournament. He is also one of only 5 U-19 wicketkeepers in the country who selected for National Cricket Academy's wicketkeeping camp in Bangalore. He is surely going to be one of India's future cricket stars.
4. Prayas Ray Barman (1.5 Crore to RCB) - Another teenager who stole the show in the auction, Prayas Ray Barman is a legspinner from Bengal. He was one of the stars for Bengal in Vijay Hazare Trophy this year where he made his debut and took 11 wickets in 9 matches with the economy rate of 4.5 per over.
5. Akshdeep Nath (INR 3.60 Crore to RCB) - Akshdeep Nath is a right-hand batting all-rounder from Uttar Pradesh. Nath was the vice-captain of India Under-19 team that lifted the World Cup in 2012 in Australia. Currently he is captaining Uttar Pradesh in Ranji Trophy 2018-19 and has scored 488 runs in 7 innings. Akshdeep Nath has an IPL experience of 6 matches. He made his IPL debut in 2016 for Gujrat Lions against Rising Pune Supergiant but didn't get a chance to bat.
Other uncapped stars
Riyan Parag (20 lakh to RR), Manan Vohra (20 lakh to RR), Shrikant Mundhe (20 lakh to KKR), Bandaru Ayyappa (20 lakh to DCS), Shubham Ranjane (20 lakh to RR), Ruturaj Gaikwad (20 lakh to CSK), Murugan Ashwin (20 lakh to KXIP), Jalaj Saxena (20 lakh to DCS), Harpreet Brar (20 lakh to KXIP), Agnivesh Ayachi (20 lakh to KXIP), Yarra Prithviraj (20 lakh to KKR), Rasikh Salam (20 lakh to MI), Shashank Singh (30 lakh to RR), Darshan Nalkande (30 lakh to KXIP), Milind Kumar (20 lakh to RCB), Pankaj Jaiswal (20 lakh to MI), Arshdeep Singh (20 lakh to KXIP), Nikhil Naik (20 lakh to KKR), Himmat Singh (65 lakh to RCB), Nathu Singh (20 lakh to DCS), Ankush Bains (20 lakh to DCS), Sarfaraz Khan (20 lakh to KXIP), Anmolpreet Singh (80 lakh to MI), Devdutt Padikkal (20 lakh to RCB)