Mumbai, May 14 - The Indian audience has always been fond of Hollywood movies, especially Marvel films. In the last few years since the launch of "Avengers: Infinity War", Hollywood movies have challenged some of the biggest Indian titles at the box office and emerged winners.
The trend is continuing with the latest Marvel superhero flick, "Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of the Madness". Directed by Sam Raimi, the movie was released on May 6 in multiple languages and stormed into 100 crores net club within a week. This is the second Hollywood title in 5 months to enter the prestigious box office club in India.
Starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Stephen Strange, alongside Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch/Wanda, has become only the 8th Hollywood film to score 100 crores net in India. It is currently at number 6 with approx. 112 crores net for all languages. "Fast & Furious 7" was the first non-domestic movie to hit the 100 crores mark at the Indian box office.
Here are the Top 10 highest-earning Hollywood/International movies at the Indian box office (Net collection)
- As of May 14, 2022
1. Avengers: Endgame - 373.05 Cr.
2. Avengers: Infinity War - 227.30 Cr.
3. Spider-Man - No Way Home - 219 Cr.
4. The Jungle Book - 188 Cr.
5. The Lion King - 159.10 Cr.
6. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - 121 Cr.*** (running)
7. Fast & Furious 7 - 108 Cr.
8. Jurassic World - 101 Cr.
9. Fast And Furious 8 - 86.20 Cr.
10. Spider-Man: Far From Home - 86.10 Cr.